On Patrol

Until every one comes home | The Magazine of the USO


If you haven’t received your retroactive stop loss pay, you have less than 48 hours to put in a claim.

The 2009 War Supplemental Appropriations Act established Retroactive Stop Loss Special Pay, which provides $500 for each month or partial month served in stop loss status. Service members, veterans, and beneficiaries of service members who had their duty involuntarily extended between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30, 2009 are eligible for the special pay.

To receive this benefit, those who served under stop loss must submit a claim for the special pay.

Read more at the DoD’s page on Retroactive Stop Loss Pay.